Few months back, I read "you should not be known by your 9:00 to 5:00 job" in one of the blogs.
I am not sure what does that mean exactly but what I understood is 9:00 to 5:00 job should be known by you.
This line made me look back in my life and when I looked back, I really didn’t have anything for which I could relate myself to the above. I had nothing for which I feel like spending time on. I started thinking what I like the most? Couple of things came up like reading, somewhat writing, playing cricket but it was no different. I was looking for something different.
Again I looked back and tried to find out that 1 thing which I always wanted to do but I didn’t do it because I just thought of it and never took any initiative on that. Few things came up again.
First thing came to my mind, Quit Smoking (hahahahahahahaha….by the way am still smoking. Shital, you are burning yourself), some sort of adventure sports like trekking, rock/wall climbing. I enquired about wall climbing sometime back but that’s it, I didn’t do anything on that.
The very next day (3 months back), I called wall climbing guys again and asked them about timings and other stuff. Subsequent Saturday I just went there.... and continued going every weekend, must mention without a miss :). This is definitely one of the things that I wanted to do and I did it. It took 5 weekends to complete first level but Woooohooooo!!! I did it. Proud, happy & satisfied after a long time.
Wall Climbing opened many new things for me, now I am targeting for natural rock climbing. I am not sure when I will go for it but soon I will.
12th April 2006, was the 1st time when USA invited me ( my visa was stamped!!). That day I told my dad, what a sight will it be when my passport has visa stamps of different countries. This was always in the back of my mind. Now, I have this dream to have visa stamps of different countries and bless them with my visit :), but to achieve this I should be excellent in my profession. So far I have visited USA (two times), France and Switzerland (for 2 weeks) due to my profession. I have this dream to visit Sweden, Netherland and New Zealand. I think my manager MUST read my blog :)!!!
But again I realize Manager’s read on this may not help much as, I wish to spend at least 6 months in Netherland (owe this to my own fascination to have a routine of living and working in that country…6 months can extend too).
Some unexplored parts of the globe also attract me, Antarctica, Alaska and Mount Everest (some credit to Discovery or National Geography TV channels for introducing me). The itch to visit these places cannot be defined but only felt.
My dreams have kept the kid in me alive ( that’s the best part)!! Am I being foolish by having these dreams? Am I expecting too much out of me? Am I targeting too high? Am I day dreaming? Am I running after impossible things in my life? So far, I have not found the answer, but somewhere my inner voice says, Shital, you are behaving just the way one should when they want to live their dreams. Don’t worry about its fulfillment, but worry to keep them alive and reach them.
Living with my dreams is a way to fight all the odds against me ( whatever those may be), and I know I will cherish a few years later fulfilling them one by one.
So do you have one too??
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment