3-4 years back when I was in USA, my parents started telling (pushing) me to register in matrimonial site, find someone and get married. After listening them enough, one day I was scanning few profiles on one of the matrimonial sites. One profile just struck me; I thought yes she is the one (hehehehehehe....I was behaving like 16 years old teen :) ).
Very next moment I registered my self in that site and I sent my interest to her. I was sure that she will not or she can not refuse me as I was in USA, I was fitting in her preferred partner requirements (This was according to me :)) ) and she will never get a guy like me (I was thinking like that because I was in USA….so stupid I was :(). For 3-4 of days I checked my mails everyday (actually after every 1 hour) to see her response. One fine day she replied but she declined my interest :(. I was upset for couple of days (I still laugh on myself when I ask myself, why you were upset?).
While I was waiting for her response, I searched for her on almost all social networking sites as well as on Google to know more about her. I found that she is a blogger. I started to follow her blogs.
I convinced myself, Shital that’s how life works….don’t worry about it. I was back on track in couple of days but I was following her blogs regularly.
Slowly I started liking her blog, I started liking her as a writer and in the mean time I started feeling someday somewhere I will meet her (Just to clear something, after she declined my interest, I never thought of her like someday I will propose her or to marry her. I never commented her blogs to impress her or I have never made any attempt to talk to her using her blogs, I commented her blogs because I felt that way). I started feeling someday I will talk to her face to face for sure.
Initially, I didn’t know how to put my comments on her blog, so I got in touch with her on one of the social networking sites and asked for her email address. I was not expecting her reply but to my surprise she sent me her email ID and I started sending my comments to her email address.
OK…..I never tried to or never thought of adding her in my friend’s list of social networking site or I never tried to talk something other than her blog on her email ID. I was just going with the flow. I was like whatever is going on is the best and don’t try anything extra and screw up the things.
During all this time, day by day my feeling was getting stronger and stronger of meeting her someday.
Sometime in mid April 2010, I went to Bangalore with my cousin for some personal reasons. My flight was on Sunday at 1:30 PM from Mumbai domestic airport.
My cousin and I, we were just passing the time by checking mobile phone shop, reading news paper. I saw a book shop inside the airport and I went there to check out some books. By that time it was almost 12:45 PM. I checked some books, came out of that shop and I saw one girl. She was wearing Punjabi suit and looking gorgeous.
For a moment I was blank, my feet started walking in her direction and I said, "Hey, S" and I offered a handshake. S was little reluctant and having a big question mark on her face. I understood her expression and said "I am Shital". She recognized me after a second and said "Hi" and accepted my handshake. I told her I am going to Bangalore for some personal reasons. She asked me about my flight details and accidently (fortunately) we were on the same flight. While talking to her I stammered more than I normally do :(. I didn’t try to prolong the conversation and said "See you around (what the heck I was talking?)", she said "Bye." and I turned back.
I was having goose bumps. I didn’t believe I just met S. I didn’t believe I talked to S. She was the one for whom I waited for 4 years to see her and to talk to her. She was the one for whom I felt I will meet her someday for sure. Now, I started expecting more (typical human nature). I started thinking I will be luckier if her seat is next to me in the flight, (unfortunately for me fortunately for her :) ) I was not that lucky :(.
Now the other thrilling part of the story.....I was searching her in the flight, I was searching where is she sitting? She was nowhere near my seat:(. She was sitting 6-8 rows ahead of me. Anyways, flight took off. After sometime we were allowed to remove our seat belts. After few seconds, she got up from her seat and started walking towards airhostess who was standing at the end of the plane. At the same time, other airhostesses started serving snacks. They were almost at my seat. Now, S could not go to the end of the flight to meet that airhostess as other airhostess were in the alley. Alley was too small and only one person can go. S was standing next to my seat and waiting for them to move so that she can go to end of the plane. I was more than happy. She was just 2-3 steps away from me and she was there for 6-8 seconds. I was just staring at her. I was like I might not get the second chance to see her so make the maximum out of this. I could see her side face only, she was looking stunningly gorgeous.
After got down from the flight, I was expecting to meet/see her again, but no luck this time. We were running to catch a bus at the airport and I saw her again in a bus (unfortunately we were not in the same bus) and I waved at her to say bye.
After we got our bus, I started thinking did I talk to her properly? Did I end the conversation prematurely? I should have prolong the conversation so that we could talk more after this meeting.....suddenly a thick and deep voice came from inside....Shital, Don’t be too greedy, you always wanted to see her once and you did that. You always wanted to talk to her face to face and you talked to her, be happy in whatever you did and whatever you got.
That was one of the most memorable day of my life. Its not entirely because I met her, it’s because my inner feeling was correct. I truly wished to see her, meet her and talk to her without any expectation and it happened :).
I am not sure about her reaction if she read this blog, but whatever will happen, will happen for the best :).
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shital..i already knew about this first hand from you..still you asked me to comment honestly...and i'll try my best :)
ReplyDeleteSee...i honestly cant relate to this incident as i have never ever felt this way for any1 before...i have never been crazy 4 any1...dont knw if i m lucky or unlucky but its true...
i relate to people as a person first and then my relationship with them..and their response to me...if theres no relationship, theres no expectation...i'v never wanted or waited to meet any1 who declined to meet me..as i say every1 has their own preferences and all the best n thnx for not wasting my time..
the only thing i like about this article is the bit about your gut instinct coming true..somewhere even for an absolutely stupid reason(according to me) you connected with your inner self!!!
Heyyyy..how can i delete the above comment????any suggestions?
ReplyDeleteaccording to my talk with shital..i misunderstood the article....so plzzzzz dont consider my above comment!!!