Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Eternal Optimist

I was reading about this guy in TOI* who cleared his 10th Standard (In India, We can join junior college only after we clear 10th Standard board exam (Matriculation)) exam in 44th attempt.

It took 27 long years to clear his exam. First time he appeared in the year 1977 and finally he cleared his 10th Standard exam in 2003. I truly admire this guy.

What I like about this guy is he stuck to his goal no matter what; he stuck to his goal in spite of these many failures. He was crystal clear in his mind about what he wants and he just went for it whole heartedly.

After he cleared his exam, he promoted to clerical level job from Peon (Office boy). :)

He could have let it go but he didn’t and that is the only reason for his success. I would like him to pursue for graduation; I am sure if he decides that he will achieve that.

I think we all have a thing or two to learn from him, don’t you think?

-- * Times of India, 2oth January 2010

-- Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. - J. K. Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment