There is one module in my application was creating issues from last 3-4 months. When users raised an issue for the first time 3-4 months back in this functionality, I tried to understand this module half heartedly and I could not understand it properly (expected result as I tried half heartedly), and in the end I just applied temporary solution and fixed it :(. Somewhere I knew it will come back but I kindaa ignored it.
Users started raising issues in this specific module regularly and I kept on applying temporary fix to it. I was not at all happy with myself the way it was going.
Last week it happened again and that time I decided to fix this module once and for all. I made up my mind and spent entire 3 days on it.
First I understood the module completely, and then I executed that module in all possible scenarios. At the same time I noted down all issues and situations for it. In the end there was a minor change in 3 stored procedures and 1 change in .aspx page, that’s it and DONE…I fixed that module and everybody was happy. (I was the happiest among the lot :))
Same thing is applicable in our life also; we keep on applying temporary fixes to our problems in life and it keep on coming back to us with more complications.
Whether it’s your life or a software application, Temporary fixes never works.
* It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer
-- Albert Einstein
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good Learning.....Keep Learning and Keep Posting...
ReplyDeletenice :)
ReplyDelete